Thursday, January 1, 2009

11/23/2008 at 11:15am, not a new member of FAPC

Over all, I guess that in the past nine weeks I've merely tried to justify my existence. Yes, I believe in God though.

I'm on way to FAPC (10:27am). Today (11/23/2008 at 11:15am) I was supposed to have become a member of FAPC, but I've decided to wait. This past Monday, Reverend Webber called me at work asking why he didn't have my information sheet (yellow sheets). I told him that I wasn't fully ready. I still feel uneasy about joining a group, a congregation in this case (something that I haven't expressed). Will I ever join and become part of a presbyterian congregation (Church of Scotland)?

I'm attracted to the Episcopal church (Church of England) too. I was originally thinking about going to there too.

Perhaps this is my mere admiration to the UK and my rejection to my Hispanic heritage or perhaps simply being more at ease in an English-spoken service. Maybe it's me just been sick and tired (almost disgusted) of the Catholic church, its interpretation of faith and its corruption (the one bad apple that spoils the rest).

Should I rather look into the Christian interpretation from a middle-eastern point of view? If so, what should I be looking for? I'm a mere mortal trying to save my immortal soul as much as I might deny the latter.