Monday, April 26, 2010

me, the sore loser

A while ago I nominated myself to be an officer at church, but others were considered. As much as wished I was considered and given the opportunity, I must admit that I don't have the experience yet serving God or the state of mind right now for such full-time commitment.

In the other hand, several of my friends and other people whom I barely know by name or face were nominated and elected. I congratulated my friends honestly although wishing it was me being applauded. Well my friends have lots of work ahead and I'm glad for them especially for that one friend whom I also nominated.

Anyway this feeling of defeat will go away in a couple of days. Maybe next year or in a couple of years, I'd have my chance to serve.

Yet I feel like a sore loser.