Wednesday, May 5, 2010

a correct way to pray?

According to an article in CBN (http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/BibleStudyAndTheology/perspectives/correct-way-to-pray-luke-18-goodwyn.aspx), there's a correct way to pray.

"God wants to hear sincerity in our prayer, not vanity."
- Hannah Goodwyn


I don't doubt this, but I'm just surprised that someone has to tell us how to talk to God. I understand that we must be truthful and from the heart when talking to God -- as if God wouldn't already know what words are going to come out of our mouths. In other words, we must honestly feel what we pray for, but most importantly we shouldn't be greedy and selfish when asking for help. Said the latter, don't ask for a car or money, but rather pray for health and joy for yourself and those around -- family, friends and even strangers.

I must admit that I fail to ask for strangers. I'm still too selfish and usually ask for my sons and at times for myself. I still have so much to learn