Monday, May 3, 2010

an open letter to my friends, 86 weeks

an open letter (email) to my friends...

Hi (your name here),

I had a conversation with a Stephen Minister yesterday (well every Sunday actually). This person mentioned that I was gifted (talented) because I wrote poetry. This person pointed out briefly that a talent is a gift from God. Of course, I didn't see it and understand it that way right away. I had never seen it this way although you have mentioned this concept before. I still have lots to learn.

TALENT = GIFT FROM GOD
GIFT FROM GOD = TALENT

I'm including the email that I sent and this person's response this morning.

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 05:11, XXXXX wrote:
Indeed! Gifts, blessings, talents... How nice to see things with fresh eyes. [...]
-XXXXX

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 20:38, XXXXXXX wrote:
[...] I guess that I should have thanked you when you mentioned that I was gifted with writing poetry and numbers (code). I guess this is something that I have never thought of as a gift (maybe a talent, at most). Maybe I should thinking of my talents as gifts. Well it's never too late. Thank you.


I know that I usually send silly emails and maybe I shouldn't be sending this message, but I just wanted to share this with you and to thank you for your support for the past 86 weeks helping me grow as a Christian and a better person, helping me survive and grow emotionally and spiritually since 09/21/2008 that I've come to FAPC. You don't need to respond.