Friday, July 9, 2010

ministry of mine?

I can understand concepts like string theory (in which every decision we make creates a parallel universe; hence multiple realities existing; http://www.mkaku.org/home/?tag=string-theory), but religious concepts can be difficult to understand.

For example, if we're all ministers of faith, I guess I'm a minister by definition. That's a strange concept for me to grasp. After all, I understand (1) that a minister should propagate the Word of God and spread the Good News of the Kingdom of Heaven and (2) that the word "minister" isn't limited to the person heading a given congregation -- reverend, pastor, priest, vicar, rector or any similar term.

Said all this, am I doing my "job" well or at all as a minister of faith -- especially teaching my children or to others about God, religion or theology?

Further more, do I have enough faith to do any of these tasks or am I a simple salesman of an empty belief and faith?

As the expression goes, only time will tell, but I doubt it. By the way, does doubt mean lack of faith? Oh well, I guess I still have lots to learn -- much more than I thought.