Monday, July 12, 2010

my writing

I've written poetry and prose on various topics from music and technology to violence and graphic sex for over two decades.

I've usually had religious concepts in my stories and poems. As a matter of fact, I've used some of the same religious characters -- including a priest -- over and over in my stories. Although these have been minor characters, I've used them to bring the good on the other characters even when jumping from one story to another. From a practical point of view, these characters tie in all the stories together (most of which based in NYC), but at the end of the day this is all fiction.

Religion is such a harder topic to write about. I write about my feelings, pains, doubts and some other details about my broken faith. Hence writing this blog can probably one of the hardest and yet most soul-baring things I've ever done.