Friday, October 15, 2010

small fish in the pond

There are hundreds accounts in social networks for organizations and "common" people who publicly worship God. At the same time, there are many times more websites dedicated to worshiping God. Some these names are well known, but many others remain simply unknown.

I'm one of those unknown voices out there (somewhere) sharing my life and how the God News might affect me. I wish I knew how to sell myself to a handful of followers and have my own little ministry, but I'm merely a small fish in the pond.

The biggest obstacle might simply be obsession with my privacy. I'm restless and outspoken, yet quiet in this regard. As a matter of fact, I've never learned how to pray or show my feelings in public.

Preaching would definitely mean breaking out of a shell or being reborn. Ironically enough this pond might even contain sharks. This makes my desire much more difficult having to prove that I'm not interested in conning anyone. How do I prove my integrity in a godless world of deceiving?

At the end of the day, I'd still wonder how I could become a bigger fish in a pond of thousands. I've got no answer, yet a big interest in finding out. Being realistic, I might remain a small fish in this pond while being a wicked and chunky fish in other ponds -- computer science, for example. Should I go back to preach about the Good News of computer science and new technologies?