Thursday, November 11, 2010

hell & demons, heaven & angels: mea culpa

I guess I should answer my own questions.

Does believing in hell, demons or the devil mean that I believe in Heaven, angels and therefore God?

Do I believe in (1) hell, (2) demons, (3) the devil, (4) Heaven, (5) angels and/or (6) God?

http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2010/11/hell-demons-heaven-angels.html

I believe in hell as eternal torment and terror (highest level of fear). Whatever that torment and terror may be. I also believe in demons and the devil as part of hell.

At the same time, I believe in Heaven as the Kingdom of God, as the reward for those who are clean of sin (in grace). I believe in angels as those souls who serve God in Heaven, especially the concept of guardian angels as the personal steward each one of us has been granted with. Needless to say, I believe in one God -- regardless of the name (Jehovah, Allah, Krishna, Ra, etc), meaning, concept or definition given by humans.

I don't know what to believe about concepts like the purgatory and saints (early Church martyrs or not) -- other than being concepts created by men.

Believing in hell and its horrors does influence my belief of Heaven. I need either some sort of balance in the cosmos (good vs evil; yin and yang, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang) or to justify the horrors I've lived (http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2010/09/as-my-soul-ran-away-at-night-every.html). As I usually say, I've been in and out (the horrors of) hell. Hence if hell exists, Heaven must do too.