Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the downtown 3 train this morning

A friend of mine (Princess) once posted the following on Facebook.
"It never ceases to amaze me when able bodied individuals on trains do not give up their seats for the disabled, the elderly or the pregnant."

It's something that I hardly think about as I'm usually standing on my commute to work. This morning was different. The downtown 3 train that I took was fairly empty and I got a seat. A few minutes later an old woman (perhaps a lady, not important though) got on the train and no one gave her a seat. Feeling awkward, I stood up and gave her my seat.

Did I do it as a gentleman? No, I couldn't care less for that label.

Did I do it 'cause it's the Christian thing to do? No, maybe (but most likely) it was guilt.

Anyway people in this city are getting worse by the minute.