Friday, August 13, 2010

the interview

I often feel anxious when waiting, but I didn't the first days after getting the notice of the interview at another location of the same local government agency where I've worked for almost seven years (http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2010/08/100th-week.html).

On Tuesday late in the afternoon, I started feeling a slight level of anxiety. Then again I do have the time and years of experience for a promotion. I feel that I deserve a higher paid title.

On Wednesday afternoon, I had the interview for this new position and title -- after a little over a two-hour wait. Unfortunately I don't think I'd get the position since I need more experience in database administration. Nonetheless I felt comfortable (no anxiety) talking to the two people doing the interview as I tried to sell myself for the position. I was honest about my abilities and experience. Hence I was satisfied with whatever outcome from this interview.

Of course, I won't rule out a favorable outcome.