Thursday, September 23, 2010

death of the knowing few

I always wanted to believe that extra-sensory perception (ESP) was a gift. It turns out that it's part of the occult (a Satanic trait as seen by many religious groups) similar to witchcraft.

"The [magic] that is typically included with the occult includes alchemy, extra-sensory perception, astrology, spiritualism, and numerology."
http://www.themonastery.org/jcontent/training/12-guide-to-divinity/155-the-occult

I don't practice the occult (http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2010/05/trying-to-raise-my-boys-as-christians.html), but I do still believe in ESP as a gift to foresee possible events. This is what many would call a gut feeling or instinct. Regardless of the name, the sensation I feel has helped me identify how good or evil, trustworthy or not someone may be just by looking and/or hearing that person. I hardly ever fail.

Perhaps is ESP what the prophets of the Bible employed to hear, see, communicate and/or interact with God. Of course, if you bring this as a theory, the Church will tag you as a heretic and/or demon of sorts. Maybe I should just stay quiet since knowledge to correct the ignorance of the many can lead to the death of the knowing few.