Tuesday, October 5, 2010

no God, no Heaven... what if?

This might be sacrilege just to ask, but it's a valid question nonetheless (followed yet by a another for emphasis). What'd happen if there was no God, no Heaven, no reason to exist other than inhabiting this planet? Does this mean that our Christian values are worthless?

Said all this, I know God exists. I don't think anyone could make me change my mind. Ironically enough, I don't have any tangible proof for what I feel and hold as true. I only have my experiences (what I've seen, felt and lived) and my beliefs.

I admit that we don't know for sure as we constantly doubt, but we still believe in this invisible God (http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2010/08/invisible-magical-man-in-skies.html). After all this irrational belief is what we call "faith."

Nonetheless, if there was no God at all, yes, we'd have wasted part of lives in a senseless effort to hold on a faith. At the same time, you'd have still learned to be good people.

The problem with that last comment at times is just too obvious. We're usually only good to those like us (similar core values, beliefs, interests, etc) and we reject everyone else.