Wednesday, January 5, 2011

my son's first ever seizure, next Friday

So one EEG (http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-sons-first-ever-seizure-247.html) is scheduled for next Friday and Saturday -- perhaps Sunday too. Now it's merely a matter of waiting and killing time.

All I know is that he's going to be bored to death in a hospital so far from home, without a computer to play his on-line games. I bet he's going to hate me by Saturday night.

Joking aside, I honestly don't know what to expect at this point. I'm afraid that any day could be my son's last. Sometimes I wonder if it'd be better for him to be in heaven than on earth suffering. Now I understand why some parents kill their beloved children -- to keep them from suffering.

My little boy doesn't care about school and only wants to play video games on-line as most children do. The big difference's been the pain due to his medical condition.

To make matters worse, after the seizure, he's become much more aggressive -- almost dangerous to his two-year-old brother. Thinking that my sick child might hurt his own baby brother kills me inside. I hate to keep them separate at times and/or under constant watch.

Why does my nine-year-old have to suffer and cry in pain and anxiety? Life's been cruel (a bitch, as the saying goes) to my son and I've got no idea where God fits in it all (http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-sons-first-ever-seizure-what-about.html).

On a related note, this whole situation's taken a toll on my health. I've aged faster than I probably should've. Sometimes I feel pressure on the left side of my chest as if it was a cardiac thrombosis (heart attack), which wouldn't surprise me since heart disease runs in the family.