Saturday, May 29, 2010

getting old & exploiting human vanity

Many humans refuse to age, break, decay and face death. Getting bald, wrinkled and -- simply speaking -- old are signs of aging. As most humans know and realize, age and life are related as life and death itself. Yet many merchants (companies) promote and sell eternal youth, exploiting human vanity of both men and women alike. In itself, this might only be a reason to cheat death, perhaps play the role of a god stopping time within us and be eternal (not dying).

On a personal level, I'm getting old and my body's failing, but I won't patch myself up outside while my inside is damaged, aged and torn. Nonetheless I try to eat healthy and have been a vegetarian for over 15 years. At the same time, what I've tried hard to repair in myself is my faith. Now I guess it's time to repair my back (slight dislocation of the lower lumbar vertebrae), clean my digestive system, removing toxins in the bloodstream and lose some weight (at least 50 lbs).