Monday, October 25, 2010

pledge campaign

As a means to give back to God what he's given us, we make our offers and tithes (10% of income; http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2010/05/to-tithe-or-not-to-tithe-yet-never.html). The church as a building needs to be maintained (utilities, ministries, supplies, etc; as estimated budget of $2.5 million). Hence we're asked to help and pledge for a present and future offering. As much I'd like to give back as much as I've been given, it's tough for me to do so with my limited resources. I have to support my children and pay back bills and other moneys. At the end of the fortnight, I'm flat broke and it just doesn't feel right. At the same time, my children have what they need or at least do my best to give them everything they need. Hence by doing my best can be good enough for my boys as a father -- yet not as a Christian.