Wednesday, December 8, 2010

email from a friend

A friend from church emailed me yesterday in the afternoon asking me how I was.

"I hope you are doing well. Just wanted to say hi and see how [everything's] going. You seemed a little down last time I saw you, and wanted to make sure you were ok."

I tend not to give too much information when it comes to my kids especially or anything else in my life. I tried to brief and polite in my response. I hope my friend doesn't take it the wrong way.

"I have been worried not necessarily down. My son (9) had a relapse and I've been worried since. My place right now is with my son. I don't want any more surprises. I will try to make it to the Christmas services (9, 15, 21 & 24). Thank you for checking on me."

I didn't mention that my son suffered seizure (http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-sons-first-ever-seizure.html). I don't like giving details about any part of my private life, especially my children. As a matter of fact, the only people who know what happened are my mom (in the event something worse were to happen), my sons (19 & 2), a minister at church and my best friend (who's like a brother to me and knows my life inside and out). By the way, my son and I need no one's pity regardless whom it may come from.