Tuesday, January 11, 2011

my son's first ever seizure, counting the days for the hospital intake

This Friday I'd take my nine-year-old to a hospital (twelve miles away from where we live) for an 48-hour intake as requested by the neurologist (http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-sons-first-ever-seizure-next-friday.html). The doctor(s), technician(s) and/or nurse(s) will run an EEG and whatever other medical tests while keeping my boy under observation.

I don't know what to expect from and/or what to think about the hospital stay. Will this help my son or not or simply be a charade? Can this finally give us an answer what's really wrong with him and perhaps how to treat him?

Come Monday morning, everything might still be the same -- no answers, the same nightmare, the same pain and desperation. Maybe I've just lost all hope and faith. Maybe my boy will remain sick for the rest of his painful life.

All I know is that right now I'm going through a whole lot of emotions including a slight level of depression as well as some anxiety too (though heavily with the medication I take). At the same time, I'm making a list of the things we might need for the stay and it's become another big expense that I'd not considered doing.

By the way, where's God in all this (http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-sons-first-ever-seizure-what-about.html)? How can I use with this thing called faith to help my son?

Regardless what the answers to all my questions might be, I'll write a log about all the events that'll happen this coming weekend.