Wednesday, December 1, 2010

my son's first ever seizure, day 3

It's day three from the my son's seizure (http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-sons-first-ever-seizure.html). I'm now scared for my son's health more than ever.

Looking back, this past Sunday -- about fourteen hours before the seizure -- I told a Stephen Minister (http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2010/05/open-letter-to-my-friends-86-weeks.html) that I felt that I'm not doing enough for my son to bring him to health. I told her what had happened with my boy.

"This event has shifted my priorities to [my son] much more than ever. It has humbled me aside from scaring [me] to death to say the least."

She responded with the following, which made me a feel a little better.

"What immediately came to me is that perhaps the Holy Spirit was giving you a gentle premonition when you were having the thoughts you were sharing with me on Sunday morning."

I thank her for being there for me and my boy even at times when I think that I may be abusing her generous time, effort and faith.

Maybe I did have some sort premonition (ESP; http://project05952381.blogspot.com/2010/05/trying-to-raise-my-boys-as-christians.html) that something bad was about to happen.

Nevertheless I'm still extremely worried for my son's health -- understanding that there's a high probability of a second seizure at any time in mediate or far future -- to the point that I'm keeping my son at home for at least for the rest of the week. Needless to say, he's happy to miss school like an extended Thanksgiving break. As any other child, he's in no hurry to go back to school.

At this point, I don't know what else to think. All I can say (type) right now is that I was right next to my little boy holding his hand while he laid in a stretcher impatiently and scared as we waited for a doctor at the hospital and all I wanted was to pray. Nonetheless I can't put my son's health in the hands of God and wait. I must do everything humanly possible to help and take care of my boy. Said the latter, I've got faith that God will help me and all doctors to bring my son to health.

Oh God, take care of my little boy and take anything or all from me in return.